Saturday, May 30, 2020

[WELFARE] Child Allowance Present Condition Form 2020

You may have already received a yellow envelop from the city; it's the season of the Jido Teate, Genkyo Todoke (児童手当・特例給付現況届) , Child Allowance Present Condition form to continue to receive the allowance for another year.  

Haven't received it yet?

If you have children under 15 and have not received the envelop, you might need to check if your registration was properly done when you moved in to Yokohama. 

In the envelop, you find:

1) A white one-sided sheet (how to fill in the form)
2) A white sheet with your name and address on (the child allowance present condition form to fill//turn in)
3) A green sheet (the announcement of the present condition form)
4) A blue-green sheet (how to apply over the Internet using your "My Number" card)
5) A white double-sided sheet about the temporary allowance for Coved-19
6) A green envelop (to send it by post but you need to buy an 84 yen postal stamp)

What are different from the last year's?

1) If you are NOT a member of the mutual-aid association, you DON'T need to attach the copy of your insurance card.
2) You will receive the temporary allowance this fiscal year due to the outbreak of Covid-19. No need to sign up for this. The recipient of the special benefit is not the case.

*in this context, "you" refers to the recipient of the envelop, usually one of the caretakers who earns more than the other(s).
*"My Number" stands for the social security and tax number (system).


Date of application  ex) June 15th, 2020 = 令和 2  6 月 15 日
Always in  yy-mm-dd order in Japan. The year 2020 is Reiwa 2.
Recipient information area
The recipient's name (who earns the most in your household)
Family name stamp if you have, or the recipient's signature.
Sex: Male 男 Female 
Birthdate (may already be printed) Circle 昭和(showa) if you were born before January 8th, 1989. Circle 平成(heisei) if you were born after. 
Address (may be already printed), if the current address isn't what is printed here, erase with two parallel lines and fill in the correct address
Telephone numbers (upper line: home, lower line: mobile phone number)
Address on January 1st, 2020: Circle and if outside Yokohama, write the address in the ( )  (横浜市内 inside Yokohama, 横浜市街 outside Yokohama, 国外 overseas)
*If outside Yokohama, fill in the prefecture, city, and ward names of your previous residence
Occupation: Circle  会社員 employee 自営業 self-employed 公務員 civil servant 無職unemployed その他 others (  )
Office name and number
Employee or not: 被用者=Employee
⑬ Pension Type: (1) Employee's Pension (2) National Pension (including no.3)  (3) Others 
*If you are a member of the Mutual Aid Pension, draw a circle in the parenthesis
(  ) Private School Mutual Aid  (  ) Pension Fund Association for Local Government Officials (  ) National Public Service Personnel Mutual Aid   (  ) Other types of Mutual Aid
⑭(Upper)Do you have a spouse? Circle Yes: 有 No: 
If no, you don't have to fill in the Spouse area.
(Lower)Do you (financially) support your spouse? Circle Yes: 有 No: 
When filling in the information of your spouse below, you need his/her accordance as in Convenant clauses and agreement.
Spouse's information area
Name of the spouse
Birthdate of the spouse
Address: Do you live together with your spouse? Circle Yes:同居 No:別居 If No, fill in the address in the [ ].
Occupation: Circle  会社員 employee 自営業 self-employed 公務員 civil servant 無職 unemployed その他 others
Address on January 1st 2019. Circle 横浜市 inside Yokohama 横浜市外 outside Yokohama 国外 overseas
Office name and number
Children information area
㉔Children whom the recipient takes care of (guard) and who were born after April 2nd, 2002
(write the full names of your children)
Relationship (child  grandchild etc.)
㉗Residence(同居 together 別居 separated)
Living (must be 同一same if it's your child. In case of caretakers other than the parents, 維持maintaining)

*Please fill in all your children from 0 year old to 18 years old (considered as 18 years old till March 31st after turning 18).
*Need another document if you live separately with your children. 
*In case your children are studying abroad, write down the date of departure. Need another document to submit, too.

What is written on the bottom

*You cannot change the recipient with this form. 

*If you have more than six children, you have two sheets of this form. Please submit both.

Convenant clauses and agreement
(1) I agree with that the city of Yokohama searches the recipient and his/her spouse's income information for official records or documents at other executive agencies or using My Number system in order to judge the necessary conditions to provide Child Allowance. 
(2) In case the necessary information cannot be confirmed by official records, I will turn in necessary documents.

Caution: To continue to receive Child Allowance, you need to turn in this Present Condition form.
In two years without turning in the form, you will lose the right to receive the allowance.

The backside
The copy of your insurance card is basically unnecessary except for those who belong to the Mutual Aid association.

1. The recipient is a member of
-Private School Mutual Aid
-Japan Post Mutual Aid
-The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Mutual Aid (limited to branches like universities)

or other Mutual Aid associations

Please attach the photocopy of the recipient's card. *Not the one of your children.

2. The recipient is a member of Mutual Aid Pension (as declared on the surface) but the health insurance is National Health Insurance.
Please receive a certificate from your office.
*Your office (company) will fill in the form on the bottom.



[IMPORTANT]You need to turn in the present condition form: in case it wasn't submitted, you will not receive the allowance of June and after.

What To Submit
-A present condition form
-A photocopy of your health insurance card or pension certificate etc. ONLY IF your membership is mutual-aid.

The department of Child and Youth will contact you in case you need to submit other documents.

Tuesday, June 30th, 2020
*ATTENTION: Confirm the business hours of your local ward office if you wish to turn it in at the counter.

How to Submit
1) By Post: Use the green envelop enclosed in the letter. Please put the right amount of postal stamp. You can also make use of registered mail system of the Japan Post if you wish.

2) At the Counter: You can bring it to your ward office, こども家庭支援課 (kodomo katei shien ka/the department of Child and Family Support).

3) Through the e-apply system (please read the blue-green paper for more information)

[on the BACK]
Income Check of the Recipient's Spouse
To confirm who is the main supporter of your household (=who earns more), the income of the recipient's spouse must be checked and the accordance is needed.

Prescription of Child Allowance
If you don't submit the form, you will lose the right to receive Child Allowance in two years. You will have to re-apply at your ward office in that case.

How much Child Allowance you will receive
The amount changes according to your income.
The monthly amount per child
Child Allowance (under the income limit):
under 3 y-old 15000 yen
3-12 (elementary school), 1st &2nd child 10000 yen, after 3rd child 15000 yen
12-15 (junior high school) 10,000 yen
Special Benefit (over the income limit): 5000 yen regardless of age
Point: Income Limit 
If your income is over the income limit, you will receive Special Benefit (5000 yen/child/month) regardless of the age and the number of children.
The recipient is a caretaker who support most of the expense of the child (basically the one who earns more). If your spouse earns more etc. you need to change the recipient (the department of Child and Adolescent will let you know).

The income limit differs according to the number of dependent family members and the deduction.
*Let me skip the income limit system!*



In the city of Yokohama, you can turn it in over Myna Portal.
You need your "My Number" card and IC card reader/writer. Please visit the website below for more information.

Myna Portal URL: https:/

Or search "ぴったりサービス", .
From the top page, choose 神奈川県・横浜市 (Kanagawa prefecture, Yokohama city),
then search 現況届, and choose 児童手当等の現況届.

From June, 2020, you don't need to attach the copy of your insurance card unless you are a member of one of the Mutual-Aid associations. If you have a National Health Insurance card and are a member of the Mutual-Aid association, you need to attach the certification of your pension.

[on the Back]

When you use this system, you need:
-"My Number" card
-A computer or smartphone (some smartphones are not applicable to this system)
-An IC card reader/writer if you use a compter
-The application form (you need the number under the barcode to sign up)

For questions about how to use the e-apply system (toll free) 0120-95-0178
For questions about the allowance 045-641-8411 (faximille 045-641-8412)



The government decided to provide temporary allowance for families with young children regarding the outbreak of Covid-19.
-No application is required for those who receive the regular child allowance.
-If you don't wish to receive this temporary allowance, contact the department of Child and Youth by June 10th, 2020.
-This temporary allowance is added to the regular allowance for the month of April 2020.
-10,000 yen per child.
-Those who receive the special allowance (5000 yen per child/month) are not the subject of this allowance.
-The allowance will be distributed from June 15th.
-The subjects are children who are under 16 (on March 31st, 2020) and were born before March 31st, 2020.
-Those who lived outside Yokohama on March 31st, 2020 will receive the allowance from the local government of their previous address.

No comments:

Post a Comment